1.One of the following is my secret word:AIM DUE MOD OAT TIE.With the list in front of you, if I were to tell you any one of my secret word, then you would be able to tell me the number of vowels in my secret word.Which is my secret word?
2.In the following figure:A B C
E F G
Each of the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 is:
a)Represented by a different letter in the figure above.
b)Positioned in the figure above so that each of A + B + C,C + D +E,E + F + G, and G + H + I is equal to 13.
Which digit does E represent?
Ans.E is 4
3.One of Mr. Horton,his wife,their son,and Mr. Horton's mother is a doctor and another is a lawyer.
a)If the doctor is younger than the lawyer, then the doctor and the lawyer are not blood relatives.
b)If the doctor is a woman, then the doctor and the lawyer are blood relatives.
c)If the lawyer is a man, then the doctor is a man.
Whose occupation you know?
Ans.Mr. Horton:he is the doctor.
4.Here is a picture of two cubes:
aztec.gif (1732 bytes)
a)The two cubes are exactly alike.
b)The hidden faces indicated by the dots have the same alphabet on them.
Which alphabet-q, r, w, or k is on the faces indicated by the dots?
5.In the following figure:
B G E
Each of the seven digits from 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 is:
a)Represented by a different letter in the figure above.
b)Positioned in the figure above so that A*B*C,B*G*E, and D*E*F are equal.
Which digit does G represent?
Ans.G represents the digit 2.
6.Mr. and Mrs. Aye and Mr. and Mrs. Bee competed in a chess tournament.Of the three games played:
a)In only the first game werethe two players married to each other.
b)The men won two games and the women won one game.
c)The Ayes won more games than the Bees.
d)Anyone who lost game did not play the subsequent game.
Who did not lose a game?
Ans.Mrs.Bee did not lose a game.
7.Three piles of chips--pile I consists one chip, pile II consists of chips, and pile III consists of three chips--are to be used in game played by Anita and Brinda.The game requires:
a)That each player in turn take only one chip or all chips from just one pile.
b)That the player who has to take the last chip loses.
c)That Anita now have her turn.
From which pile should Anita draw in order to win?
8.Of Abdul, Binoy, and Chandini:
a)Each member belongs to the Tee family whose members always tell the truth or to the El family whose members always lie.
b)Abdul says ''Either I belong or Binoy belongs to a different family from the other two."
Whose family do you name of?
9.In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
10.What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
11.If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
12.A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
13.There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
14.In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
15.If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
16. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a
(B) b > a
(C) b = a
(D) b >= a
17. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?
18. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
19. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
20. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
21. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
22. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
Ans 5c1/ 9c1
23. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
Ans: Rs 66/-
24. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
25. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
26. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square.
27. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
28. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
29. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
30. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
31. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
32. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes
33. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
Ans : 15%
34. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ?
Ans : 57.50
35. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the largest?
Ans : (d)
36. If the total distance of a journey is 120 km .If one goes by 60 kmph and comes back at 40kmph what is the average speed during the journey?
37. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra .Out of these 20% are Bombey students. Find the total percentage of Bombay?
38. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it?
39. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ?
Ans : 9B
40. Each side of a rectangle is increased by 100% .By what percentage does the area increase?
Ans : 300%
41. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back wheel .What is the distance?
Ans : 315 feet.
42. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take?
Ans: 360 times
43. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution
44City A's population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population?
Ans: 130 years
45Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to meet?
Ans: 3/2 hours
46A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won't able to buy 3 paise stamps.
47There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
48Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3
49There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
Ans: 1 : 2
50Three types of tea the a,b,c costs Rs. 95/kg,100/kg and70/kg respectively.
How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of mixture worth Rs.90/kg,
given that the quntities of band c are equal